Today is 1.1.2026
I’m at the foot massage center, while typing this and amidst many chores and works that has been in my mind lately but haven’t find a way to start or working on it…But it’s ok, it’s one of the important stuffs we ought to learn and I’ve decided to start the lesson right beginning of the year: Rest without guilt
I may or may not achieved much in 2025, but anxiousness, fatigue, low energy and the lack of rest was there for real most of the time. At first I thought as time passed by, things will be getting better, and it does actually, e.g. I’m so grateful when Ben stop crying at his PG class after a solid 3mths and becomes so attached to going sch everyday; the high pressure and workloads that comes with new responsibilities was killing me and my immunity system such that I’ve fall sick so uncontrollably for at least 3-4 times monthly at the start of the transitions; but until the last week of the year 2025, there’s only one word to vividly describe how I am feeling: over exhaustion. I looked into photos taken in the year, the family Australia holidays, the sch holiday outings in SG, the staycation with girlfriends after so many years that we finally realized it, all the happy memories but the usual me becomes so unusually haggard: big eye bags and deep fine lines creep up to the sallow face, silver hairs no longer hidden well beneath the curtain of hairs, and even the body hunch start to be noticeable - since when this is ME? How could I missed the cues, and only to discover when the year is almost over.. and not to mention also the mental fatigue that has been there for long with every morning, afternoon and evening sighs my hubby has constantly reminds
OK… enough of blablablah and since it’s no longer a fashion of year end self-reflecting let bygones be bygones and let’s welcome a new year with new opportunities. Nothing is going to be happen without a new habit, so I’ve to start (trying very hard) a mindset change and to control my inner monsters… with God’s grace, I pray that my heart will remain calm, with peace and takes things easy.. while committing my best for being a lovely mom, darling wife, filial daughter, strong leader, high performance co-worker and sincere friends. Will this be possible? God knows! :)
Thank you 2025, you’ve honed me and I’ve give my best, and welcome 2026; I may not achieve much but continue the ways I’ve been, with some tricks that hope to turn the old dog a better and happy life with more rests, less guilts
Ps: thank you grey sofa and SLU4601L for your near to 8 yrs of service, even though you’re retired, you were part of us
No comments:
Post a Comment